Monday, September 8, 2008

JIMMY CARTER'S NASTIEST COMMENT SO FAR BY R.L.HUFFSTUTTER


I hate to admit it, but I actually voted for Jimmy Carter. Like many Americans who cast their votes for the man with the wide grin from Plaines, Georgia, I figured it was time for a change. Somehow, "change" is a word I've been hearing quite a bit lately. Change? Change in one's pocket, change the diapers, change the way we view ourselves, change gas prices, change the way we get rid of our surplus food, change the record, change, change, change. I have heard it being used by both political parties participating in the November election. Hope is another word I've heard. Hope brings to mind Bill Clinton. He is quite a talker isn't he? I would like to know what he really thinks of Jimmy Carter. I would love to know what he thinks of Barak Obama. And I think about Bill's wife. Is she really okay with Biden as the vice-president? For some reason, I think she feels like the way 18,000,000 glass ceilings must feel if one is standing right below them all when they break. I am waiting to see her and Mrs. Obama do the "big hug." One is likely to whisper something into the other's ear, huh?
But now, back to Jimmy Carter. Several weeks ago, I heard him make one of infamous little nasty comments. It was about Senator John McCain. It went something like this: "Personally, ah think that McCain is milking his POW experience."
Jimmy Carter stated that he felt like John McCain was "milking" his POW experience. I had no idea that the former President had dairy experience. Yes, I was aware that he knew a considerable amount about peanuts, but cow's milk?The former President has demonstrated time and again that he lacks common sense and this is yet another example of his ignorance. Both Carter and McCain are graduates of the U.S.Naval Academy. It is my guess that Jimmy was on mess duty at the academy when they taught the course about being both an "officer and a gentleman." Of course, this is my opinion.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
My dad's dad, my grandfather, was nine years old when President Lincoln died from an assassin's bullet. Most people think I am speaking of my GREAT GRANDFATHER. NO, I am referring to my dad's father, my paternal Grandfather, Robert Levi Huffstutter, born in 1856. What does this information have to do with my profile? It might help the reader understand that I have a sense of being much older than I am in that only one generation seperates me from President Lincoln. This causes me to respond differently to society and many current events. In many respects, this is to my benefit, in other respects it dates my mindset. Perhaps this is the reason I value the moral standards and idealogies of older Americans, the men who were the soldiers and sailors I saw when I was a small boy,the men and women who fought a war for freedom without any doubts posted by a media with a questionable lack of national unity and purpose.