Saturday, August 1, 2009

THE NEXT PRESIDENT?


THE NEXT PRESIDENT?, originally uploaded by roberthuffstutter.

Despite any rumors that might be circulating about running as a candidate for President in the next election, I hereby refute such rumors, at least temporarily. Due to the lack of the multi-million dollar entrance fees required, I, like millions of other qualified and spirited Americans who are totally qualified to become President, will have to deny myself this desire to enter public service at this point in time.

If and when I should receive the financial backing required, I will weigh my options carefully, possibly making further comments on national public radio or network or cable television. Let me further state that there is not a shadow of doubt in my mind that I would make a great President and would take my oath to protect and preserve the Constitution with sincere reverence and respect.

If I had to announce a campaign platform within the next five minutes, I am prepared. My campaign would be founded on the fact that less government is the better government and that as a government our main priority is promoting more freedom among the ciizens rather than less freedom.

My promise not to try and control the masses would be based on my confidence that Americans have reached the level where they realize that one's mind will only grow brighter with increased freedoms that will challenge their abilities to become independent of government control.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
My dad's dad, my grandfather, was nine years old when President Lincoln died from an assassin's bullet. Most people think I am speaking of my GREAT GRANDFATHER. NO, I am referring to my dad's father, my paternal Grandfather, Robert Levi Huffstutter, born in 1856. What does this information have to do with my profile? It might help the reader understand that I have a sense of being much older than I am in that only one generation seperates me from President Lincoln. This causes me to respond differently to society and many current events. In many respects, this is to my benefit, in other respects it dates my mindset. Perhaps this is the reason I value the moral standards and idealogies of older Americans, the men who were the soldiers and sailors I saw when I was a small boy,the men and women who fought a war for freedom without any doubts posted by a media with a questionable lack of national unity and purpose.