Monday, October 27, 2008

the PURPOSE OF THIS BLOG by R.L.Huffstutter

Florida sunset, Anna Maria Island, photo by R.L.Huffstutter
INTRODUCING PHOTOGRAPHERS AND ARTISTS

VIEWERS WILL NOTICE A VARIETY OF PHOTOS AND ART ARE BEING FEATURED ON THE PAGES OF THIS ONLINE PHOTO AND ART JOURNAL...

Where did these outstanding photos and terrific works of art originate?


I had been searching for a new location to post my work, a location absent of knit-picking competition and self-appointed customer censors, a site that had a reputation for exhibiting the best work anywhere on the web. I had heard about FLICKR from some of my friends. They encouraged me to pack up my portfolios and head on over.

"It's one fantastic gallery, a great site for exposure," stated Dave, a west coast photographer of note and a long-time friend whom I met on another gallery site. He had long ago moved his work to FLICKR. "You won't be sorry," he told me."You will meet some great people, photographers, artists, people who are really into the arts, people who are into autos, people with interests in all aspects of life."

So, it was due to Dave's advice that I joined with the group. Here's my new address:http://www.flicker.com/photos/huffstutterrobertl/

Please stop by and check out my photostream; it's full of some of my best work, my better photos and art.



ABOUT THE NEW PHOTOS AND ART IN MY BLOG? BEGINNING BACK IN SEPTEMBER OF THIS YEAR, I BEGAN BROWSING THROUGH THE FLICKER PHOTOSTREAMS AND FOUND WORK THAT WAS TOTALLY AMAZING. I NOTED THEY OFFERED A BLOGGING OPTION FOR THOSE WHO PERMITTED THEIR WORK TO BE REVIEWED. PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT SOME OF THE MARVELOUS PHOTOS AND ARTWORK I HAVE CHOSEN TO FEATURE.
  1. FLICKR is copyrighted and is an official trademark.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
My dad's dad, my grandfather, was nine years old when President Lincoln died from an assassin's bullet. Most people think I am speaking of my GREAT GRANDFATHER. NO, I am referring to my dad's father, my paternal Grandfather, Robert Levi Huffstutter, born in 1856. What does this information have to do with my profile? It might help the reader understand that I have a sense of being much older than I am in that only one generation seperates me from President Lincoln. This causes me to respond differently to society and many current events. In many respects, this is to my benefit, in other respects it dates my mindset. Perhaps this is the reason I value the moral standards and idealogies of older Americans, the men who were the soldiers and sailors I saw when I was a small boy,the men and women who fought a war for freedom without any doubts posted by a media with a questionable lack of national unity and purpose.